Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Pineapple Herb Chicken

Not gonna lie...I have been burnt out on chicken for a looooooooong time.  I didn't start eating chicken again until just a few weeks ago.  Instead of continuing to cut it out of my meals entirely, I have started experimenting with more marinades to add flavor.  I mean, who wants plain ole chicken?  Uhhhh boring!

I threw this recipe together, and it turned out great! 

Marinade Ingredients:
• 800g raw chicken breast
• 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
• juice of 2 limes
• 2 tbsp fresh parsley
• 1 tsp fresh oregano
• 1/4 cup fresh pineapple juice (I just used the juice that came from the cutting board where I cut up the pineapple)
• 25g fresh pineapple
• salt and pepper to taste

 
First, weigh out your raw chicken breast.  I usually cut mine up into chunks, but you can leave it whole.
 
 
 
Next, get out a big ziplock bag.  Put the chicken inside, then start adding in all your other ingredients...

 
 
Once you have all the ingredients inside, zip up the bag, and toss the meat around to coat well. Put it in the fridge and let it have a marinade party overnight.

 
 
How you cook it is totally up to you!  ...grilled, baked, roasted, etc.  I just seared mine in a skillet for a couple minutes and then put it in the oven on a baking sheet at 350 for about 25 minutes.  While it was in the oven, I put 75g of pineapple into a skillet to heat it up.  After the chicken was cooked, I divided the pineapple up evenly between servings and added it on top.
 
 
I've never had chicken and pineapple together before, but it was yummy!!!
 
 
Here's the nutritional breakdown per serving (makes 6 servings of about 55g each):
• Calories:  173
• Protein:  31g
• Carbs:  4g
• Fat:  3g
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment