Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Pesto Marinated Chicken

I threw this marinade together on a whim, and it turned out so good that I had to share!  It's super easy and adds a punch of flavor to your meat!  So far, I've only tried this on chicken, but I think it would be good on beef too.  Here's what I did:

Put the following ingredients into a blender:
• 4 garlic cloves
• juice of 2 limes
• 1 tbsp. olive oil
• 1 cup fresh parsley
• sea salt
• black pepper

Blend until smooth, then put into a ziplock bag.  Add in your chicken breasts, close the bag, and toss around to coat the chicken evenly.  Let it sit in the refrigerator overnight.  

When you are ready to eat, just heat up a skillet over medium-high heat.  Cook each piece of chicken for a couple minutes per side, then put on a baking sheet and bake in a 400 degree oven for about 20-30 minutes or until done.  That's it!  :)

 
 
I only made enough for me and my hubs, so this recipe is only for 2 servings.  Here's the nutritional breakdown (per serving - 3.5 ounces):
• Calories:  247
• Protein:  33g
• Carbs:  5g
• Fat:  11g

No comments:

Post a Comment