Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Low N Slow BBQ Chicken

So this recipe is way easy.  Two ingredients and a crockpot is all you need!

Ingredients:
• 1 jar BBQ sauce
• 800g chicken breast


First, pick out a jar of BBQ sauce that you like.  I grabbed Stubb's because it's awesome.  :)

 
 
Next, dice up your chicken breasts and throw em in the crockpot.  Then, dump your whole jar of sauce over the top and stir it all around to make sure it's all covered.
 
 
Put the lid on, and let it cook for 8 hours on low (or 4 hours on high if you are in a time crunch).  Luckily, my crockpot has a timer which is AWESOME because I can set it for however many hours I want, and once it's done - it just goes to "warm".  So by the time I get home after work and boot camp, it's still hot and ready to go.
 


This is what it looks like when it's done:

 
 
Instead of leaving the chicken whole, I decided to shred it up.  I just grabbed a couple forks and pulled all the meat apart so the sauce could really get all over it.

 
...and that's it!  I know, easy right?  :)  We had ours with some sweet potatoes and squash, but I think it would make a killer sandwich!  My hubs loved it, and I loved it because it was super easy, plus it makes great leftovers.  Score!
 
 
 
Here's the nutritional breakdown per serving (makes 6 servings):
• Calories:  253
• Protein:  31g
• Carbs:  21g
• Fat:  2g

No comments:

Post a Comment