Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Make the Decision

Where did November go?  Oh that's right, I was hibernating!  This is my letting it all out post, sorry not a lot of tips this time - just wanted yall to know what's been going on lately!

Back in February, I started boot camp.  I kicked serious butt.  I was a lean mean machine, and then my membership ran out.  I thought oh it's cool I'll just take a break for a little bit.  So I did...for about 2 months.  I went back to all of my old habits and quit working out...and it shows!  My pants got tighter, my face got fluffier, my butt got wider, and my confidence got smaller.  Things started stressing me out more than usual, I stopped taking time to take care of me, and instead of going to sweat them off - I would go home, put on my pajama pants, and park it on the couch with food.  I didn't give a rip what I ate, and I didn't care about working out.  

I was driving to work one morning, and I realized that I didn't have a goal anymore.  I didn't have a challenge, and I didn't have anything to work toward.  Then it hit me, do the half-marathon (that you backed out of a few months ago because you were scared)!  So, I signed up.  I decided that I would let things slide until December 1, and then it was game on.  I started back on track on Sunday, and I am SO GLAD.  I know the scale isn't always right, but I have lost 3.2 pounds already!  I have been following my meal plan and working out, and what a difference it makes.  

I've learned this year more than anything that if you don't take time to take care of yourself, then you can't love who you are.  It's really easy for me to put everyone and everything else first, and then I'm left on the sidelines like helllllooo?!?!?  Well I didn't lose all that fat and gain all that confidence before by putting myself last, and I'm NOT doing it anymore.  

Yes, I'm scared and there are lots of things that could hold me back, but I want this.  I've made the decision!  I AM running a half-marathon in April, I WILL get back into all of my old clothes, I WILL be confident again, and I WILL RISE ABOVE my failures!  




No comments:

Post a Comment