Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Beef Tips & Gravy

I don't know about yall, but I love me some meat and gravy.  I used to make this with a packaged gravy mix, but after reading the long list of ingredients on the back - I decided to make my own mix.  It does not turn out as thick as normal brown gravy, but it's so good!!!  Here's how I made it:



First, get all your ingredients together.



Next, get your crockpot ready.  I use a liner in mine, total time saver when it comes to cleaning up!  Go ahead and chop up your garlic.



Put your chopped garlic, 4 tbsp. coconut flour, and 2 cups beef broth into your crockpot and mix well.  Try to get rid of all the clumps of flour if you can.  Toss in some spices you like - I used sea salt, black pepper, and garlic salt.



Once that is mixed, chop your roast into cubes.  They don't all have to be perfect, just try to get them all relatively the same size.  Toss em in your crockpot.



Cook on low for 8 hours...



...and then you have this! :)



Here's the nutritional breakdown (per serving - makes 8 servings):
• Calories:  193
• Protein:  27g
• Carbs:  2g
• Fat:  8g

The possibilities are endless when it comes to this one!  You could eat it with brown rice and green veggies...you could make tacos with it...you could eat it over scrambled egg whites...
However you choose to eat it, I hope you like it!  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment