Tuesday, March 10, 2015

29...I Don't Like You Very Much

So far, I don't like being 29.  I got sick the day after my birthday, hurt my back bending over to pick up dirty clothes, and have been exhausted.  Not exactly my idea of fun.  My nose ran so much on Sunday that I went through two boxes of kleenex and resorted to carrying around a roll of paper towels with me.  Nice.  After watching The Hunger Games, I decided I should probably just take a nap...which ended up lasting 3 hours.  I woke myself up running in place because I was dreaming about boot camp.  I had a dream that my old coach came back, and she wanted all of us to wear ankle weights and run in place.  So I did...literally.  I must say, it was a pretty funny way to wake up.  I spent the rest of the afternoon resting and thinking about the old me.  How I used to eat, how I used to have so much energy, how I used to feel comfortable...and I made a decision.  I decided that it's time to cut the crap and go back to eating healthier.  Instead of just saying it, I'm taking it a step further and starting a challenge - The 180 Day FluffBuster Challenge.  How do ya like that name? ;)


To kick things off, I am hosting a DietBet Game.  It will start on 3/16 and last 4 weeks.  All you have to do is:  pay $35 to join, lose 4% of your body weight in 28 days, and you win money!  For example, if you weight 200 pounds, you will need to lose 8 pounds in order to win. 

Invite your friends because the more people who join, the bigger the pot, and the bigger your potential prize!  :)  

What better way to kickstart your success right?  Just click here:  http://diet.bt/1Kftqm to join.  Be sure to sign up by 3/15 to make sure you can participate.


During this challenge, I plan on posting a new recipe every 2 weeks on top of keeping myself accountable by posting about my workouts and eating!  I know you are looking forward to the sweaty selfies and whining about burpees alllll the time.... right??  ;)  *sarcasm folks*


You may be wondering why in the world I am doing this.  Well, the answer is...I'm sick of feeling gross.  Is it easier to say I'm too busy and just go for junk food?  Absolutely.  Is it worth it in the long run?  Heck no.  Letting my excuses hold me back has brought me right back to where I started all of this in the first place and THEN SOME.  I feel gross, ugly, tired, and have zero confidence.  I got on the scale this morning and saw a number I haven't seen in years.  170.  Yep, I said it.  One hundred seventy smackaroos.  No, I'm not shocked to see this number because I haven't cared enough to do anything to change it.  But I am extremely pissed at myself about it.  It's so easy to float along that river of denial and think "oh, one cheeseburger isn't THAT bad...skipping a few days of boot camp isn't THAT bad...this one beer isn't THAT bad...these cupcakes aren't THAT bad..." then you pull your head out of the water and realize well crap, it IS THAT BAD!!!!! 

So, instead of waiting on my life to slow down (because it obviously isn't), I'm doing this to get back control of myself, my eating habits, my health, and my happiness.  My husband is in the same boat as me, so he is starting this with me too.  If you're out there and reading this, thinking hey...maybe I should jump in with her, then come on!!  It always helps to have a support system when you are working towards a goal, so let's encourage eachother to start living a healthier lifestyle!   
You've got the whole week to prepare yourself, just like me.  Time to clean out all the junk food from your kitchen, get some new workout gear, and start telling yourself that you can do this!  :) 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment